SAFARI STAY AT QUATERMAIN’S 1020’S SAFARI CAMP – EASTERN CAPE
Quatermain’s 1920’s Safari Camp is a charmingly rustic, 3 star graded, safari destination that aims to transport it’s guests back to the heyday of safari. Comfort is provided in authentic wall tents, with the modern convenience of an en suite bathroom.
Situated on the beautiful Amakhala Game Reserve (Big 5), we offer 3 – 4 hour drives out into the reserve, as well as a variety of walks, with qualified guides.
Meals can be cooked in our thatched kitchen or on the fire. The boma makes for cosy dinners with evening meals eaten in the lapa by lamp light.
Our guests will be transported back to a simpler time; a time where they can enjoy nature and switch of from the modern world. To this end, the camp is totally off grid, with no mains electricity or wifi.
Self Catering Safari Stay for up to 8 people. The camp comprises 3 tents that each sleep 2 people. Two extra mattresses are available also. The camp can be booked out for a base rate of R1800 pn which equates to R450 pppn for 4 people. An extra 2 people can book for R250 pppn, and 2 more guests can stay on a single mattress for R125 pppn. Children over 2 years of age are charged at the full rate. Children under 2 years of age are free of charge.
The reserve charges a conservation levy of R140 pppn for adults and R75 per child, per night.
Activities can be booked as listed below. All activities charged at full rate for children over the age of 2:
- Game drives conducted by a qualified field guide on the main reserve (full Big 5). R350 per person for a 4 hour game drive. Minimum 2 people. Available morning and afternoon.
- Full day game drive (8am – 4pm). For those who don’t want to get up with the sparrows! Enjoy a full day’s drive, taking along your own lunch and return to camp whilst it’s still daylight to light your fire and get organised for dinner. R650 per person. Minimum 2 people.
- Big 5 Walks guided by a qualified Trails Guide on the main reserve. R400 per person for a 3 hour walk. Minimum 2 people. Over 16’s only.
- Kid’s Adventure Walk. Conducted by a qualified guide. A 1 hour walk around the camp looking for small animals, tracks and signs in nature. Minimum 2 people. R50 per person.
- Birding Walks. Conducted on the camp section of the reserve by a qualified guide. R150 per person. Two hour activity. Minimum 2 people.
- Bush Walks. Conducted on the camp section of the reserve by a qualified guide. Walking out from camp. R225 per person. A 3 hour activity. No under 12’s. Minimum 2 people.
Validity Period: 01 April 2020 to 04 April 2021
Please be aware that the camp is off grid. There is a small solar set up in the kitchen for you to charge cell phones, but otherwise there is no electricity. Paraffin lamps are provided, but we advise you also bring your own torches and lights as required. Hot water for the en suite bathrooms is provided by externally mounted gas water heaters. Towels are provided.
Cancellations will only be accepted in writing.
Up to 48 hours prior to arrival – No cancellation penalties
48 hours prior to arrival – 80% cancellation fee
No Show – 100% cancellation fee