Hamiltons Tented Camp – 5*
Reminiscent of an Out of Africa experience, a stay at Hamiltons Tented Camp is one that will remain etched in memory, much like the contribution the lodge’s namesake, James Stevenson-Hamilton, made to the national park the camp now calls home for more than a century on.
Resplendent with early 19th century nostalgia, from its old steamer trunks and pith helmets to its antique bathroom basins and hurricane lanterns, Hamiltons Tented Camp is a tribute to the generation whose vision has resulted in the conservation of one of Africa’s prime wilderness areas, without compromising on modern-day comforts and luxuries.
Built entirely of canvas set amidst age-old Jackalberry and Sausage trees, with high wooden platforms linking six elevated tents, Ham Hamiltons Tented Camp treats its guests to stunning views of the Nwatswitsonto River and offers the opportunity to enjoy spectacular wildlife and birdlife sightings for an encounter with the Kruger bush that is truly is up close and personal.
Hamiltons Tented Camp not only represents a little slice of history. It guarantees a private, exclusive bushveld escape, unfettered by unnecessary modern interruptions and authentic in every way.
- 24/7 emergency support to assist you no matter where you are or when you need us so you can focus purely on enjoying your trip.
- Complementary transfers to/from either Skukuza or Hoedspruit Airport if required (subject to availability).
- 1 Night / 2 Days, 2 Nights / 3 Days or 3 Nights / 4 Days en-suite accommodation in a Tented Suite.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Butler service.
- Accommodation on a Fully Inclusive basis. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and selected beverages (soft drinks, water, beer, selected wines & spirits).
- 2x Safari Game Drives daily. One early morning and again in time for sundowners in the late afternoon in an open safari vehicle accompanied by experienced Game Rangers.
- Gate Entry Fees.
- All applicable Taxes and Tourism Levy’s.
- All airfare and airport taxes. If required these can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Any transportation-transfer needs. If required these can be these can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Optional extra activities/excursions. If required these can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Any meals not specified.
- Premium brand beverages.
- Staff Porterage.
- Staff Gratuities.
- Telephone calls.
- Laundry Service.
- Curio shop purchases.
- All items of a personal nature.
- Medical or Travellers Insurance.
- Visa Fees (if applicable).
- Any required vaccinations or inoculations (if applicable).
Terms & Conditions
Valid for SA & SADC residents only. A South African/SADC ID or Passport will be required when confirming the reservation and on check-in at the property.
0 – 11 years – Not permitted at the lodge unless the lodge is booked on an exclusive use basis.
12 years and older – Considered as adults and accommodated in their own Tented Suite. Pay full adult rates and are permitted on game drives.
Vouchers valid for 3 months